Barbara Vonderheid is the principal of Vonderheid & Associates, P.C., providing outsource general counsel services to companies in Colorado and nationally. Barbara has over 20 years of International and U.S. experience working with businesses as a general counsel and senior business advisor.
Barbara’s past and present roles have included:
- Legal counsel to a manufacturer and distributor of point of view action cameras with international distribution, including U.S. retail locations for Best Buy, Walmart, Dicks’ Sporting Goods, Sports Authority in the U.S. She advises this client on debt and equity financing arrangements; negotiates vendor, athlete and promotional sponsorship and manufacturer agreements; and provides general legal guidance as an outsource general counsel.
- Outsource general counsel for a national wireless retail operator based in California with over 200 retail stores and 750 employees. She advises this client on nationwide retail leasing, contracts, human resources, financing, joint ventures and acquisitions.
- Barbara is counsel to a software services company where she provides outsource general counsel services, including the negotiation of licensing agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Contract Counsel to a provider of data center, hosting and managed services in Chicago, Denver, Ashburn and Irvine, where Barbara provided project support to the general counsel as needed.
- General Counsel, Corporate Secretary and V.P. HR for Wireless Channels, a New York-based nationwide master distributor and retail operator for Sprint, AT&T and Cricket with over 800 retail dealers and 40 retail locations, where Barbara’s duties included advising the board of directors and senior management, negotiating and closing acquisitions and equity and debt financings, corporate governance, vendor and dealer contracts, regulatory compliance and human resource management
- V.P. & General Counsel for Univance Telecommunications, a Denver-based long-distance reseller & exclusive wireless retail operator for Sears & Roebuck.
- Sr. V.P. Business Development and Legal Affairs for Cordillera Communications, a U.S. venture capital backed operator of two-way radio communications services in Latin America, where she was responsible for identifying, negotiating and closing the acquisition of 800 MHz spectrum licenses and operating businesses throughout Latin America that were operated and then sold to Nextel International.
- V.P. Acquisitions for The Alert Centre, the largest U.S. alarm company acquired by ADT Security, where her duties included the development and management of due diligence processes and the negotiation of acquisition transactions.
- Co-founder of Reliable Home Technology, a low-voltage contractor offering home technology products and services to residential builders and homeowners in Colorado. That business also includes Reliable Home Security, the residential and light commercial security alarm division of the company.
Born in Staten Island, New York, Barbara earned her B.A. in Political Science from Colorado State University and her J.D. from the University of Denver, College of Law. Over the past five years, Barbara’s family has enjoyed working with the National Repertory Orchestra’s Community Link program and hosting musicians and staff each summer. Getting to know the NRO participants as well as their families, and sharing Breckenridge activities with them has been the best part of each summer. Barbara has had a home in Summit County for 15+ years and became a full-time resident of Breckenridge in April, 2011. In her spare time, Barbara is a novice triathlete and enjoys backcountry and downhill skiing, biking, golfing, hiking and the ocean with family and friends.