The deadline to apply for the Assistant Conductor position for the 2019 season has now passed. Please check back in the fall for 2020 opportunities. Below are details regarding the 2019 position for your reference only.
- Applicants must be 35 years of age or younger.
- Applicants will be selected for the live audition through an initial application round, including video submissions (When applying, select “Video Audition.”). Of the initial applicants, 10 – 12 individuals will be selected to participate in the live audition.
- All applicants must complete the application process no later than Friday, December 28, 2018.
- The live audition will take place on Saturday, January 26, 2019 in Cleveland, Ohio. If selected to participate in the live audition, you MUST be present in order to be considered for the position.
- Festival dates are June 2 – July 28, 2019.
Upon receiving your application, the NRO office will send you directions on how to submit your materials. For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to submit the following materials for review:
- References (at least 2)
- Conducting performance and rehearsal videos
If accepted for the audition, you will need to submit a video of playing your instrument before the date of the live audition.
LIVE AUDITION INFORMATION
The audition will consist of three parts:
- Written examination
The repertoire for the conducting portion will be as follows:
- Tchaikovsky: Serenade for Strings, 3rd movement
- Dvorak: Serenade for Strings, 4th movement, measures 1-34
Additional information: You will be conducting a small string ensemble at the audition. You may be asked to rehearse the ensemble.
Please review the job description for additional information. Should you have any questions regarding the application process please contact the NRO at 970-453-5825 or by email at email@example.com.