The Metropolitan Opera, National Repertory Orchestra, Colorado Mountain College and Lake Dillon Theatre Company join forces to bring you another season of the Metropolitan Opera Live in HD! This partnership brings ten world class opera performances to Breckenridge each year.
About The Met: Live in HD
The Met: Live in HD series, which now reaches more than 2,000 theaters in 65 countries, makes the Met the world’s leading provider of alternative cinema content and the only arts institution with an ongoing global series of this scale. When the series launched in 2006, the Met was the first arts company to experiment with alternative cinema content. Since then, the program has grown every season, with more than 14 million tickets sold to date. With an average global ticket price of $23 in the 2013-14 season, the series has made world-class performances accessible to millions of opera lovers each season.
Met opera stars serve as hosts for the HD series, conducting live interviews with cast, crew, and production teams, and introducing the popular behind-the-scenes features; altogether the worldwide HD audience is given an unprecedented look at what goes into the staging of an opera at one of the world’s great houses.
The Met: Live in HD series is made possible by a generous grant from its founding sponsor, The Neubauer Family Foundation. Global corporate sponsorship of The Met: Live in HD is provided by Bloomberg. Transmission of The Met: Live in HD in Canada is made possible thanks to the generosity of Jacqueline Desmarais, in memory of Paul G. Desmarais Sr.
The Met: Live in HD’s 2014-15 Season Features
The new season of the Met’s Emmy and Peabody Award-winning performance transmissions to movie theaters around the world features ten presentations, including seven new to the series. All ten operas will be Saturday matinee performances, transmitted live from the Met stage.
Season Lineup: (Click on links for synopsis and to buy tickets)
- Verdi’s Macbeth (Saturday, October 11 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Mozart’s Le Nozze di Figaro (Saturday, October 25 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Bizet’s Carmen (Saturday, November 1 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Rossini’s Il Barbiere di Siviglia (Saturday, November 22 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Wagner’s Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (Saturday, December 13 at 10:00 a.m.)
- Lehár’s The Merry Widow (Saturday, January 17 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Offenbach’s Les Contes d’Hoffmann (Saturday, January 31 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Tchaikovsky’s Iolanta and Bartók’s Duke Bluebeard’s Castle (Saturday, February 14 at 10:30 a.m.)
- Rossini’s La Donna del Lago (Saturday, March 14 at 10:55 a.m.)
- Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana and Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci (Saturday, April 25 at 10:30 a.m.)
All start times are Mountain Time. Please arrive at least a half hour before the start of the performance if you wish to attend the Lake Dillon Theatre Company’s ”Opera Prologue and Epilogue Series”. This series aims to give the audience some preliminary information regarding each performance and to engage audience members in a brief Q and A discussion.
“This is our ninth season in a row of connecting opera fans to our live performances,” said Met General Manager Peter Gelb. “We’re glad that we are able to continue to present an eclectic selection of operas, thereby offering new repertoire experiences to our opera lovers in movie theaters around the world.”
Links to Partner’s websites: